Before It's News | People Powered News

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

No Backpack, No Worries. The traditional bushcraft and Yukon bags

          I have been telling people that they need to look up how to make a Yukon Bag online. These simple backpacks are something I learned about in survival school YEARS ago and I thought they would be common knowledge in the survival/prepper circles, but when I went to look up a site for a friend to look over, I couldn't find ANY with a good How-To. I did find a couple YouTube videos that show the rough basics, so I will be incorporating them in this blog.

YUKON pack. 
These were awesome when I was doing the long wilderness treks. Basically, you lay out your tarp and put your stuff in it in the smallest and most compact way possible. a small square or rectangle is the best in my opinion but rolling it into a tube works really nicely too, especially if you build a back frame for it.

Bushcraft Backpack 
These are simple and easy to make if you develop a need to carry something on your back for a long distance. I have made these on hiking adventures and, during my younger years, when I would simply vanish into the forest for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment